Professional Counselling for Depression
Providing professional help for depression across Newcastle
Feelings of sadness and worry are a normal part of life and affect us all. But if these feelings become overwhelming or remain constant, you may be suffering from depression and need to seek professional help. Lakeside Clinic in Newcastle is available to all adults needing help for depression.
There are 5 main types of depression:
- Major depression is a depressed mood that lasts for at least two weeks
- Psychotic depression is a depressed mood that involves seeing or hearing things that are not there (hallucinations), feeling everyone is against you (paranoia) and having delusions
- Dysthymia is a less severe depressed mood that lasts for several years
- Bipolar disorder (or manic depressive illness) involves periods of feeling low (depressed) and high (manic)
- Mixed depression and anxiety is a combination of symptoms of depression and anxiety
Seek the counselling services you need to combat your depression
Located at Warners Bay Private Hospital, Lakeside Clinic delivers professional treatment programs for depression for Newcastle locals. We provide the highest standard of care and treatment for people with depression, both inpatient and day programs, to help with a positive outcome for each individual.
For more information contact Lakeside Clinic today on (02) 4958 4288 or fill in our online contact form.